Gas adsorption in activated carbon
- Air For Life contains a granular, activated carbon adsorbent.
- The activated carbon is specially designed to store a much larger volume of oxygen than could be otherwise stored using compression alone.
- The canister will still feel full even once it has been discharged.
- Users should release the oxygen, as and when they require to breathe, in order to waste as little oxygen as possible.
Why Oxygen, Not Air?
- Oxygen is the most important of all human needs.
- In a fire oxygen levels rapidly deplete. If the oxygen level drop below 15 %, then filters alone (including filters found in smoke hoods) will not be sufficient in keeping a person alive. An external source of oxygen is the only way to survive such situations.
- Pure oxygen is more effective than air at purging carbon monoxide out of the blood.
- Someone who inhales pure oxygen will be more easily resuscitated since their tissues are heavily saturated with oxygen.